What is Financial Capability?
- being able to manage money
- keeping track of your finances
- planning ahead
- choosing financial products
- staying informed about financial matters
Who is the training aimed at?
Training is aimed at practitioners who support adult learners. For example tutors, trainers, guidance advisers and support workers in:
- Further Education Colleges
- Voluntary and community groups
- Other adult education providers
- Advice agencies
For practitioners and learning providers:
- greater awareness of financial capability issues
- increased confidence and skills in dealing with finance queries
- opportunity to gain accredited qualifications
- higher student retention rate and engagement in learning
- shows a commitment and responsibility to welfare of learners
For adult learners:
- relevant support and advice to enter into and progress in learning
- increased confidence and skills in dealing with financial issues
- increased employability
- reduced stress and improved well being
Money for Li£e has developed 2 qualifications, accredited by OCN (Open College Network).
- Teach Me Financial Capability (OCN Level 3) – for practitioners who want to consolidate their own financial capability knowledge
- Teach Others Financial Capability (OCN Level 2) – for practitioners interested in developing skills to help others improve their money management (for example, through FE courses or community groups)
You can find further information on the qualifications on the Money for Li£e website.
Financial Capability Awareness Raising Training
Through funding made available by Lloyds Banking Group, EGSA delivers free 2 hour awareness raising session aimed at adult learning practitioners (for example; tutors, trainers, guidance advisers, support workers). It is designed to:
- raise awareness of what Financial Capbility is and how to understand it within the context of adult learning
- increase confidence in dealing with finance for learning issues (such as being aware of referrals and resources)
- develop an action plan to help embed Financial Capability within your practice or organisation
You can contact EGSA directly for advice on finance for learning or download our Student Finance factsheets.
Find Out More
Contact Paulette Lennon on: