What is the Outreach Adult Careers Guidance service?
The service, funded by the Department for Employment and Learning (DEL) provides free career planning support to:
- Adults in Neighbourhood Renewal areas* – Community Outreach
- Groups of employees facing, or at risk of, redundancy – Redundancy Support
*The Neighbourhood Renewal strategy aims to tackle social , educational and economic disadvantage in designated areas throughout Northern Ireland. Visit the Department for Social Development (DSD) website for further information on Neighbourhood Renewal areas.
The Community Outreach programme delivers free, impartial, confidential, 1 to 1 and group careers and educational guidance to adults living in Neighbourhood Renewal areas. Services are tailored to suit individual and group needs.
Benefits to learners include:
- Action planning
- Improved self confidence
- Increased awareness of opportunities
Benefits to community groups include:
The Redundancy Support service delivers free, impartial, confidential, 1 to 1 careers and educational guidance to employees at risk of, or facing, redundancy. It also provides flexible, tailor made group guidance workshops.
Benefits to employees include:
- Action Planning
- Identification of transferable skills
- Awareness of sources of support
Benefits to employers include:
- Support in managing transition
- A flexible service, in acknowledgement of the need to sustain production
- Responsive service with local knowledge
Find out more
Community groups and employers interested in the Outreach Adult Careers Guidance service should contact:
Nikki Sullivan, Guidance Manager
EGSA is involved in a range of projects and partnerships and encourages enquiries from potential project partners. Find out more about Partnerships and Projects.